The ITA, Intercollegiate Tennis Association, is an organization of coaches and players of colleges in the United States.
The members of the ITA are part of the NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA and Junior Community Colleges. The headquarter is located in Skillman, New Jersey. It was founded in June 1956 by a group of 20 coaches who have worked in the NCAA Division I.
The ITA has the job to publish every week the rankings of the teams, singles and doubles for every division in the NCAA. Except for the NCAA championships, the ITA is responsible for the organization of all the other championships at a national level during the academic year.
Today the ITA organizes the majority of their events in collaboration with the USTA (United States Tennis Association).
From 2011 the USTA hosts the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
The tournaments that are organized by the ITA are:
- ITA Team Championships:
- ITA National Team Indoor Championships (NCAA Div. I & Div. III)
- ITA Individual Championships:
- ITA All-American Championships
- USTA/ITA National Small College Championships
- USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships
- ITA/USTA National Summer Championships